I’ve been tagged by: http://witchofhowlingcreek.wordpress.com/
The rules are: 1. Post the rules. 2. You must post 11 random things about yourself. 3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post. 4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer. 5. Go to their blog and tell them that you tagged them. 6. No stuff in the tagging section about “you are tagged if you are reading this.” You have to legitimately tag 11 people.
11 Random Things About Me
1. I have won about 40 trophies from beauty pageants during my high school years, one being 5 foot tall, and the reason I wanted to stop doing pageants was because of my mother’s attitude if I didn’t win 1st place. 2. I have a spider plant that I love like a pet. She’s so easy to care for and very beautiful. I’m currently getting one of her babies ready to give to my daughter. 3. After I got married, I spent the majority of our first four years together with him on an 18 wheeler. That’s where I spent my time learning Tarot. 4. I saw one real ghost in my lifetime. She was in my current bedroom, standing beside my bed. 5. One of my most prized collections are the binders in which I have written everything I know about witchcraftery. 6. Instead of getting mad when someone won’t help me do something, I focus on how much healthier and fit I’ll be that the person who is not helping. 7. I can write backwards in cursive. Most people have to hold the paper up to a mirror to read it, but I can also read it backwards. 8. My own test of my ability to read the Tarot, was to walk up to a stranger and offer them a reading. Afterwards, I would ask them if it made sense. Usually, they were quite amazed. 9. I went to Cosmetology school because I liked wetting down my baby doll’s hair and rolling it up in curlers when I was a little kid. 10. I find myself (secretly) waving hello to trees, when the wind is blowing and one catches my eye. 11. I sometimes wish bras were never invented because they can be so uncomfortable, although I always wear one!
11 Questions from The Witch of Howling Creek
1. What one piece of art has moved you more than any other? This picture inspired me to do collages, then, I just kept going from there.
2. If you could zip off to anywhere in the world, where would you go? Someplace far away from civilization, where I could be surrounded by orangutangs and wild tribes living in huts. I feel akin to these.
3. What ingredient do you most love to cook with? Probably chicken, because you can cook it so many different ways, and spice it up all kinds of ways. I have so many good recipes for it, the best ones being from The Caribbean Islands.
4. How do you satisfy your sweet tooth? I’ve currently been on a kick of vanilla ice cream with a crushed up Butterfinger candy bar mixed in. My daughter & I like to have what we call “Witches Breakfast”. When we want to just start our day off with whatever sweets we feel like eating. We took the idea from the movie “Practical Magic”, where one of the Aunts say, “In this house, we have chocolate cake for breakfast…”.
5. What relative or ancestor have you found most fascinating and why? My mother told me many times of my Great Grampa on my Dad’s side, whom of which could move tables across the floor without touching them. He used to raise what they called back in the day “Rappin’ Spirits”, that would rap (or knock) on the bottom of the table when the group would ask a question. My thoughts have been to find a living relative with some pictures and information about him, although I don’t have it yet. He fascinates me.
6. What does your dream house look and feel like? My dream house is the house I live in now. I fell in love with it the moment I walked around in it. It had everything I wanted in a house, a fireplace with a mantle, a creek running around the back and a lot of woods in the back. It is in dire need of repairs, but I really don’t wish to live anywhere else. It feels comfortable to me. It’s home.
7. What are your favorite flowers to receive? Freshly picked ones. Blackeyed daisies are my favorite.
8. How do you connect to nature? By being very aware when I’m outside. Really breathing in the fresh air, taking a good look around. I love feeding the minnows and looking at crawdads and bugs with my grandson. He is 2 years old. There’s nothing better than taking him for a little climb on the hill out back.
9. Which time period do you feel a calling to? Do you think you could have a past life there? I like the time period that I’m living in now. I don’t feel drawn to any other time period, however I am drawn to other cultures in a major way. The Amish fascinate me. I do believe that I have had past lives, but I more so could tell you what culture I was than the time period I may have lived in.
10. What is the most extravagant thing you’ve ever bought for yourself? I’m not really in to buying myself extravagant gifts, however, once I bought myself a very expensive pair of gold hoop earrings. Someone stole them within three days of my buying them. Oh well, C’est la vie.
11. Name the first word or image that comes to mind. Dreams.
11 Questions from EarthMother195 to You:
1. What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever came across? 2. What makes you stand out from most other people that you associate with? 3. What is your most favorite belonging? 4. What would be the greatest advice you want to leave for others after you pass on? 5. What do you stand up for? What will you argue about? What drives you crazy? What annoys you and what do you usually do about it? 6. In what directions are you encouraging today’s youth? 7. What have you tried to change about yourself? 8. What do you think will be different in your life 10 years from now? 9. What are you currently exploring/learning about? 10. What are you doing for yourself? 11. How do you encourage yourself?
RAZORBLADEXDREAMZ SAMMIWITCH ESCAPIST216 LESLEYCARTER KITTY BLOGER THEPURPLEBROOM MOONANDSHADOW WRITINGSILVERBROOMSTICK THEWAYSOFAWITCH DEREKSMAGICK MAGIKOSSTUDIOS